The Bethany Plan is better together! I would love to share one (or many) elements of The Bethany Plan with your group by leading your upcoming retreat, speaking with your church group, or giving a presentation for your parish center or Catholic conference.
I'm not only an academic with multiple degrees - but a relatable speaker with a profound message for any audience.
A clip from my Desert Bread workshop at Immaculate Conception Seminary
Annabelle Moseley’s presentation was special. I remember many years ago a Trappist monk telling me that “sometimes we pray best when we don’t know we are praying”. Felt like we were praying all night. I have been involved in teaching and ministry for over 35 years and have never met anyone with the unique gifts that she has.
- Anthony Marinelli, Director of Emmaus Group, St. Patrick's Church, Huntington
Some of the greatest literature, art and music of all time is Catholic in theme and we will embark upon this exciting study. Though life's journey can be a long walk through the desert, the faith-filled arts can provide manna to invigorate us on our journey to the fulfillment of God's kingdom.
This talk is designed as a guided 3-Day retreat with the Rosary. Mary's "yes" continued unfolding, like the petals of a rose, for the rest of her life and for evermore. Our lives are meant to be like that, through the thorns and blossoms of our own lives influenced by the sorrowful and joyful mysteries of the Rosary.
In this course, we will gain a deeper appreciation of the rosary through the arts associated with the Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary. Great poetry, classic art and music will be studied for each of the mysteries. We will also look at the history of the rosary and great literature on the rosary by such authors as St. Louis de Montford and Pope Saint John Paul II. Students will emerge with both a greater intellectual understanding of the rosary as well as a strengthened visceral love of the rosary.
In this course, we will learn how to achieve greater intimacy with the Living Word of God through the process of Lectio Divina, a traditional Benedictine practice that engages the intellect as well as the soul. We will examine great passages of Scripture, dwell upon their meaning, then contemplate and pray on the Word of God through guided exercises. We will also learn about the art of the ancient form of rabbinic literature, Midrash, which is a kind of poetic storytelling that creatively responds to Biblical verses, helping one enter more closely and deeply with Scripture while remaining ever faithful to its truths. Our study of each form of prayer will help us engage more deeply in the practice of the other.
In this talk, you'll learn your own spiritual autobiography that helps you design a Catholic home here on earth that leads you to your true and lasting home in His Sacred heart!
Hagiography is an important and timeless literary genre that covers the study of the lives of the saints. In this course, we will look at both biographical and autobiographical stories of the saints' lives that are considered great works of literature.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
How well the classic works of C.S. Lewis reawaken the innate truth within us that we are made for another world. In this talk, we will learn what insights made Lewis, a former atheist, become one of the 20th century's greatest apologists for Christianity and how some of his best and most varied works have one transformative and unifying theme: bringing the reader beyond the pleasures and sufferings of this world and pointing to the next.
"The world is charged with the grandeur of God." -Gerard Manley Hopkins
This talk guides participants in the study and discussion of some of the greatest poets of all time, who were also Catholics.
I've been honored to present at a number of venues, including
- The Sheen Center for Catholic Thought & Culture, Manhattan
- The Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington, New York
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Parish Center, Centerport, NY
- St. Patrick's R.C. Church Parish Center, Huntington, NY
- St. Joseph's Seminary, Dunwoodie, New York
- St. Joseph's R.C. Church Parish Center, Babylon, NY
- The National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C.
- The Walt Whitman Birthplace, West Hills, New York
- West Chester University Poetry Conference, West Chester, PA
- Poet's House, New York
- AWP Conference, Washington, D.C.
- The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen, Manhattan, NY
- Fordham University Catholic Imagination Conference, Manhattan, NY
- Enders Island Master of Arts Conference, Mystic, CT
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
- Long Island University, C.W. Post, Brookville, NY
- St. Anthony's High School, South Huntington, NY
- The Plaza Cinema & Media Arts Center, Patchogue, NY
- Southampton Writer's Conference, Southampton, NY
- Cedarmere, Historic Home of William Cullen Bryant, Roslyn, NY
- St. Patrick's Elementary and Middle School Assembly, Huntington, NY
- St. Hugh of Lincoln R.C. Church Parish Center, Huntington Station, NY
- St. Joseph's College, Patchogue, NY
- Cornelia Street Cafe, Manhattan, NY
- Galleria Borghese, Rome, Italia
- The Stevenson Academy of Fine Arts, Oyster Bay, NY